On Thursday 30 August 2007 00:31, Vahe Avedissian wrote:
> I have open SuSE 10.2 32 and 64 bit installed on the same machine.
>
> I compile a small matlab example under 32b (either by booting 32b linux or
> -m32 compiler flag) and run under 32 and 64 bit linux. The code compiles
> under both environments.
>
> However, the code runs normally under 32b linux, but the 64b linux runtime
> causes an error condition and the sample code exits.

As a workaround, you can install and run the 32-bit version of Matlab under
64-bit openSUSE.  On our servers, we put the 32-bit version
into /lw/matlab/7.4 and the 64-bit one into /lw64/matlab/7.4.  The command
that simulates the 32-bit environment under 64-bit linux is "linux32":

$ /lw64/matlab/7.4/bin/matlab        # start 64-bit matlab
$ linux32 /lw/matlab/7.4/bin/matlab  # start 32-bit matlab

To install the 32-bit version of Matlab, run "linux32 install".

If I remember it right, several Matlab toolboxes were available for the 32-bit
version only some time ago.  In other words, they were 32-bit and didn't run
under the 64-bit Matlab---just as your code.  Mathworks may tell you more.

--
A.M.