Andre Truter wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Andre,

> I have a ltsp server and a thin client that works.
> Now I need to connect a USB printer to the client and make that work.
> I have googled and followed the documentation, and different variations
> of it, but I cannot get it to work.

<snip>

Could printer/device usage possibly be permission based, as so much else
is on Linux?

I don't have the solution but hope this helps.

I would think that if you installed the printer as a local printer on
the client and then made sure its print queue has 777 permissions.

Then install a network printer on the LTSP box and point it to the
printer on the client.

Now create a file on the LTSP that links to the LTSP printer config.
Make this 'linking' file have permissions of 755.

On all the other clients have them point to the 'linking' file.

My thinking might be Windows induced but the logic above works for me.
Putting it into practice is another story. :)

Regards
Hylton