On Saturday 01 September 2007 17:57, Art Fore wrote:
> > Is there 'system' kio_slave?
> >
> > > Art
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Rajko.
>
> I have no idea what sysem kio_slave means. It is default install of Suse
> 10.2 64.bit on AMD X64 X2 running KDE. Maybe you could explain what it
> is and/or let me know how to find out.

Sorry Art,

the question was for someone that knows KDE and can guess what is wrong.
The kio_slave are kind of Konqueror plugins:
  http://en.opensuse.org/Konqueror_Tips_and_Tricks
and looking further in information that provides kinfocenter, there is
kio-slave called 'system'.

That is probably the one that doesn't know how to compress files on either
external or internal drives, but knows how to extract compressed files.
Problem is that when you connect external USB stick that protocol is used to
view the drive. I would say it is minor bug if you know that exists.

--
Regards,
Rajko.