On 2007/09/02 18:41 (GMT+0100) Matthew Stringer apparently typed:

> I've never heard of someone being asked what OS/Software they were
> running when returning faulty hardware, if I had a faulty mobo I'd
> return it to the vendor not the manufacturer so can't see ever having to
> speak to Asus or anyone else. A fault would cause problems regardless of
> OS.

No question if you're obviously dealing with a DOA.

But, after the vendor's no questions asked period of usually 30 days or less,
isolation of the fault of a previously working product to a particular
software or hardware component is a commonly involved prerequisite to
proceeding with an RMA return or replacement. At such point, few vendors will
offer anything more than contact information for its manufacturer's support.
This is when such questions get asked. Typically, they need to be answered in
order to get useful results. Good support asks questions that don't require
doz in order to obtain required answers.
--
"It yet remains a problem to be solved in human affairs,
whether any free government can be permanent, where the

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409