I just checked my CPU with Processor Check for 64-Bit Compatibility and it seems that my CPU is too much "semi" 64-bit for VMware. More about that on http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/dynamickc.do?externalId=1901&sliceId=1&command=show&forward=nonthreadedKC&kcId=1901

Thanks Chris anyway for a help.

Janko

Chris Worley wrote:
Are you building the guest from scratch from w/in VMWare, or trying to
use an already running drive for the VM guest?

I had a similar problem trying to run a Win/XP/64
already-built-and-running disk in VMWare Server (which is compatible
[and free] w/ VMWare WorKstation 5) running under a 32-bit OpenSuSE
10.2 host.

Building a Win/XP/64 small-root disk in VMWare Server, then attaching
the existing disk as a secondary drive worked (I can see all the files
fine... now I need to figure out how to get Windows to see the
programs and users on the old disk and use the old disk for the
program and user space... what would be trivial in Unix can't be done
in WinDoh's).

Also, the community support on the VMWare list servers is really good.