On 9/3/07, Chris Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Where do i download the statically linked skype? I used "install
> software" and typed in "skype" and a package was returned but when i
> clicked it and said "install", i got
> Unresolved dependencies:
> There are no installable providers of skype
> Marking this resolution attempt as invalid.
>
> Does the cache need to be cleared or something?

I did not use yast for this purpose, but just went to skype site. The
url is http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-linux-static. Actually after
reading about some issues with this version, I did not want to replace
previous one. This statically linked version is tar file that you
unpack into some directory (you'll need to copy icons and sounds to
/usr/share/skype) and you can try it. Works for me on OpenSuSE 10.2)

--
Mark Goldstein