I have again the same problem: my desktop is almost white, I can
see text but the background picture and all icons are gone. I have
created another account, all seemed normal, I have started to transfer
files into my new account, but after several hours this new account
has the same problems as the old one. Also, when I start firefox I get
a white window, so that it becomes unusable.
   I have deleted .kde and .kde4 dirs, I have also tried to repair my
system with the installation DVD, but with no result.
   Has anyone already experienced this behaviour? Can you give some
hints how to solve this issue without installing from scratch the
system?

--
Cristea Bogdan