On Sunday 02 September 2007 06:09, Francesco Scaglioni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My son has just purchased a vista laptop (needed for
> college).

Why is Vista needed for college? I can't imagine going to a school which
stoops down to such an low-class OS as  a requirement. :P

> Whilst vista looks and feels awfull the miniature
> desktop slideshow in the side-bar is pleasant.  Does anyone
> know of a linux equivalent ?  All the slideshow progs I can
> find seem designed to run full screen.  In an ideal world
> one would be able to display images either by folder, or by
> tag.

Just to clarify - you have the ability to show what apps are running in a
horizontal scroll bar shown in the middle of the screen and similar to KDE's
task switcher.

As far as I know, I have yet to see such a thing.

I've yet to see really anything in Vista - except for the temperature gauge
thingy - that is remotely cool. In fact, I rarely see my desktop so I don't
bother with teh temperature thingy in Linux. (I forget what it is called.)

--
kai ponte
www.perfectreign.com