Fajar Priyanto wrote:
Hi all,
I'm trying to show a demo on how to modify PAM so that /etc/nologin is bypass by ssh. I have modified /etc/pam.d/sshd:
#%PAM-1.0
auth     include        common-auth
#auth     required       pam_nologin.so
account  include        common-account
password include        common-password
session  include        common-session

When I try to ssh into the PC, I get logged in, but immediately got kicked out. In /var/log/messages I see this:
sshd : User fajar is not allowed because /etc/nologin exists

Duh..that's the freaking POINT of /etc/nologin!

Here's an idea -- THINK before you post!

I have 'grep -r nologin /etc
And have commented some of the entries in apparmor too, but still cannot login. I once succeeded in bypassing /etc/nologin, but I forget how.

You REMOVE it.

nologin...nologin...no login.... gee, what could that POSSIBLY mean???

DUH.

Thank you very much,