* Chris Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [09-05-07 09:44]:
> I am wanting to move my bottom panel (you know, the one that has the
> "start" button and the date/time) to the top of my screen.

rt-clk on desktop, choose configure desktop -> behavior ->
   "Menu Bar at Top of Screen" -> Desktop menu bar

> When i right click on the panel and chose properties, it says it is
> locked down. I then logged in as root and it says the same thing.

root doesn't control user's properties

you locked it.  rt-click on menu bar and select unlock panels

> How do i unlock this and then move the panel to the top?

you locked it.

rt-clk on menubar and select "unlock panels"