Cristea Bogdan wrote:
> I have already tried this. I loose my configurations, but I don't get
> back the usual look of my desktop.
>
> On 9/5/07, jdd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Bogdan Cristea wrote:
>>>       I have already posted two messages about this issue with no sollution.
>>> However, I will try again, since this bug has become very annoying for me.
>>>      Due to the same issue I have reinstalled the entire system, but the
>>> problem produces again: almost all icons on my desktop are gone, when I
>>> start
>>> an application I can see the window and buttons frames, but not the icons,
>>> which in most cases renders the application almost unusable.
>>>    Someone already pointed out that this should be related to something on
>>> my
>>> home folder, but I am unable to find what is wrong. It is odd that after the
>>> fresh installation my desktop was ok, and only after some time the icons
>>> disappeared.
>> usually it's enough to move the .kde folder to have it re-created (but
>> you lose your config)
>>
>> jdd
>>
>> --
>> http://www.dodin.net
>> --

Hi Bogdan,

I do not recall the previous discussions.

When you create a new user for testing purposes and then log in with
that user id and password, do you get a usuable desktop, then?

If not I would install an alternative windowmanager, e.x. xfce or icewm
or fluxbox... and see, what happens when you use them.

If anything else fails I would suspect a hardware issue, most probably
related to your graphics card.

regards
Eberhard