On 09/11/2007 02:28 PM, Pavel Nemec wrote:
> Hello,
> today i again hit problem which is known for long time. If someone
> report bug which is too -  much complicated / no one is able to fix it
> / package maintainer is overloaded   - bug assignee close this bug as
> WONTFIX and ask reporter to move bug in upstream facility (another
> bugzilla for example).
> I understand this (as i was overloaded package maintainer also) but i
> also thing it is packager responsibility to report bug to upstream and
> track them here.
> As I know many others are also not sure about it I am asking here. So
> what is standard procedure?
Not sure what the procedure is, but what I try to do is determine if the
bug is present only in SuSE or generally, and if generally, then I try
to report it upstream.  If SUSE specific, then to SUSE bugzilla.  If I
cannot get enough info to determine that, then I may decide I do not
know enough to file a bug report for the issue, or I may as a catch all
default try the SUSE bugzilla.  If by finding the fix or similar reports
for other distros on a bug, then I will only file upstream.  A standard
procedure would be good to know, if there is one, or if not, it would be
helpful to arrive at the most efficient procedure possible.
--
Joe Morris