Hello,

I have created a new address book within Kontact and filled it in with a list
of student names.  I've tried to sort the list based on Reverse Name (<Last
Name> <First Name>).

In looking over the list I realized that it was not in the same order as the
official class lists.  Looking into this further, what I have found is that
the sorting seems to be based on the entire string <Last Name>+<First Name>
at once rather than on <Last Name> first and then <First Name> as a secondary
criterion.

For example, (using made up names...)

The official list might have
Ma, Steven
Martinez, Rick
Mather, Thomas

but KAddresbook shows this as
Martinez, Rick
Ma, Steven
Mather, Thomas

based on the first three letters Mar, MaS, Mat even though MaS comes from
Ma, S(teven)....

This is very reproducible as I can "move" Steven around in the list
by "changing" his First Name :-)

This behavior is wrong IMHO, but I do not know if this is a bug or if there is
a setting somewhere that controls this that I have not been able to find.

Anyone else seeing this?
I'm using 10.2, fully patched.

--
Don