John schreef:

> True, the script was easily found. However, running install gave the error:
>
> : bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>
> so I copied the files manually to the paths given (and chmoded them).
> 'man 1 saslfinger' works but 'saslfinger -s' gives the :bad interpreter
> error above. I hadn't bargained for debugging the debugging tool! Next
> stop - read the script and run manually.

What is the first line of the script you're trying to run?
If it is something different from a bash (#!/bin/bash) or sh (#!/bin/sh) script,
like perl, python or ruby (not to mention php) my guess would be that the
interpreter has not been installed on your system, or in a directory different
from that first line.

--
Jos van Kan                registered Linux user #152704