On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 16:30 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Wednesday 2007-09-19 at 07:22 -0600, Tom Patton wrote:
>
> > In addition to the other layouts mentioned, I always have /usr on one
> > drive, and /usr/lib on a second.  Programs LOAD measurably faster,
> > sourced from two physical drive units.
>
> Sometimes I moved /usr, sometimes I moved /opt. Nowdays /opt is becoming
> less important.
>
> Which one do you put in the same drive as /, the /usr or the /usr/lib
> partition? I'm curious.
My /usr/lib and / are on the same drive currently.

sda contains /boot, /opt, /srv, /tmp, /var, swap, and /home plus two
partitions used in raid arrays

sdb contains /, /local, and /usr/lib, plus two partitions for the raid
arrays.

I am using one raid for /usr and the other for /data1, which contains
mostly topo maps and terrain data files, mysql database sets, and the
working directory for Cinelerra renders.

Tom