Magnus Boman wrote:

>> Is there a way to make Thunderbird remember my password for ever and not
>> ask for it again, even if it fails? I want to be able to enter the
>> password in the configuration, not as a pop up when I want to send or
>> receive. I do not want to be asked again if it fails, because once
>> configured the password it keeps being correct.
>
> That would be a very bad thing to do (TM). Reason is that if you're with
> a provide or company with a policy to only allow three (or however many)
> tries before you locked out, and you're also forced to change password
> periodically, guess what's going to happen....
> Probably better to find out why it fails the first time, unfortunately I
> am not the right person for that job.

I know why it fails: while I type my master password the remote server
times out, probably because it thinks I'm a human and not a machine. Or
something of the sort. Not important.

What you say about changing passwords is not a problem at all: we could
change it manually in the configuration instead. I just don't want to be
prompted for the password. I want it to remember the password even if it
fails, and let me decide if I want to type a new password.

Linux style, not windows style :-P

Ie, I want the configuration box to have:

    server _______
    login  _______
(*) remember password
    password ________