On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 08:53:00 -0400
Patrick Shanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * Basil Chupin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [09-23-07 03:52]:
> >
> > Thanks for this but, unfortunately, the above doesn't work here.
> > I'll just have to run the Manager from the command line.
> >

> No, you don't, but you *do* need to follow the instructions you have
> been given.
>
> make a desktop link containing the following action:
>
>    kdesu "smart --gui"
>
> roots password will be requested and the smart GUI will open.
>
> then you can even add a keyboard shortcut and not have to access the
> icon.

I wonder why one can't launch smart anymore from the kde-menu. In the
past I always called smart from the menu. Until recently this worked
perfect for me but after a update of kdebase I could't use this
methode anymore. Adding /usr/bin/ in front of smart in kmenuedit didn't
help either.
What helped for me was [alt]+[f2] kdesu -c 'smart --gui'
or in the root console smart --gui

TTFN,
Martin

--

UTSI: http://users.telenet.be/tos4ever/utsi.htm
Atari FTP-site: ftp://kurobox.serveftp.net:3021