On Mon, 2007-24-09 at 16:17 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > 'Never needed to FAX much till now, so I've looking for a NON-Win modem
> > and found this one USR has made. It's a tad pricey, but should work
> > well, just in case someone else is in need of one. 'Ordered tonight.
> >
> > Fred
> >
> Fred,
>
>       I have utilized usr/3com fax/modems with hylafax on several servers and
> they worked fantastically. I've used the old 33.6 sportsters, the 561x
> versions and I think there was a 2960 or 2690. No problems with any.
> Both hylafax and kdefax work great. I set the servers up in /etc/ppp as
> dial in servers so they handle fax and ppp dial-in internet connections.
> Works great.

  Did you manage to get a "fax server" for a network setup though?  I
looked into it, but the instructions were too off-putting.  (Rather
poorly phrased, I think, but I just want to be able to point other
systems to the fax running on my main system and have them fax from it
without doing a ton of setup work, followed by telling the others in the
network to use these new hoops in order to fax.)