Bob Williams wrote:
> I have two hard drives, one IDE and one SATA. My 10.2 installation
> has /, /boot, /usr mounted on the SATA drive, while /home is a LVM2 volume
> spanning both hard drives.
>
> When I tried installing 10.3 RC1, it only detected the IDE drive. In the
> Partitioner module, choosing expert - import settings from previous fstab
> failed to find an existing fstab.
>
> The boot up process appears to load both IDE and SATA drivers, so I presume
> there is a problem with the SATA (sata_sis) driver. Is this likely to be
> fixed by 10.3 GM or will I have to stay with 10.2?

I have a slightly different problem with mixed IDE/SATA on RC1.  I have
2 IDE hard drives, 2 CD/DVD IDE drives and 2 SATA drives.  RC1 sees all
the drives but can't read the partition of the first IDE drive. It
installed OK on the second IDE drive, but didn't set up the boot options
for Windows or 10.2 (which had no trouble with this configuration) on
the first IDE drive.

--
Bob