Vahe Avedissian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Folks,
>
> I am not sure this is an opensuse 10.2, or motherboard, or bios bug, but when
> I cat /proc/cpuinfo, I get two different speeds listed for two
> identical cpus on in my system (look at the listed cpu MHz entries) :
>
>  more /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
> cpu family      : 15
> model           : 33
> model name      : Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 270
> stepping        : 2
> cpu MHz         : 1000.000

That is the frequency the cpu currently runs at.  We power down the cpu
when it's idle.  Give it some more to do and it will increase again.

The feature is called cpu frequency scaling, you can control it with the
powersave command.

Everything is working fine ;-)

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, Director Platform/openSUSE, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany