On Wednesday 26 September 2007 10:21:45 am David C. Rankin wrote:
> Ron Eggler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Okay, after playing around a little bit for a while i still gotta come
> > and ask here. I got my printer setup on my suse 10.1 server system and i
> > can print just fine with my Suse 10.2 client but not with the Windows
> > client(s). In Windows i can browse for the printer and it shows it up
> > nicely.
> > Double click tells me that it'll download the driver to the system but
> > then it still can't find it and i will need to install it manually.
> > Anyways, once done this, i can nicely add it to my windows printer(s) but
> > when i try to print something it tells me "Access denied, unable to
> > connect". I'm not reallly sure what's wrong since i can print from my
> > suse 10.2 client just fine. Can anyone help me? This would be
> > appreciated!
> > Thanks tons!
>
> Ron,
>
>       I don't know if my original post got through, if so I apologize, but in
> addition to the above make sure you see "man lppasswd" and make sure the
> windows user and password have an entry in lppasswd because windows
> tries to auth by sending the windows login and password.

Really? Can't i just open it up for the whole network with no authentication?
Does every Windows user need to be added?
I tried:
lppasswd -a 'Ron Eggler' and got this:
server:~ # lppasswd -a 'Ron Eggler'
Enter password: {no password so i hit [enter]}
Enter password again: {[enter] again}
lppasswd: Sorry, password rejected.
Your password must be at least 6 characters long, cannot contain
your username, and must contain at least one letter and number.
server:~ #

So does it require a Windows password? Hmm weird, there must be a possibility
to just open it up somehow i think, no?
--
chEErs Ron