There's a couple reasons for running xen, but the major one for me is to
be able to run XP without having to reboot into it.  From reading some
docs though, it seems that I'd need a different CPU from what I have (an
Intel Pentium M processor, basically a Pentium 6 with mobility
technology).  So does this suck?  Or is it okay?

Secondly (if I get past the first hurdle, above), as is typical, XP was
installed when I bought the machine and I got no install CD.  Do I need
an install CD/DVD for XP to make it a domU?

The docs say that ACPI doesn't yet work on xen (meaning my battery's
going to drain faster), but that this should be fixed in future.  Has
this future come yet?  (Yeah, docs can go out-of-date.)

I'm due for an upgrade, would like to upgrade into xen, but I'm
pessimistic it'll work.  Does anyone have any firsthand experience with
any of this or otherwise have authoritative info?

Much appreciated.

--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.