Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Thursday 2007-09-27 at 07:19 -0400, James Knott wrote:
>
>> Faxes are so 20th century.  ;-)
>
> You are fortunate to think that.
>

>> Actually, if you're running KDE, you might want to look into
>> KDEprintfax.  I used to use that, but I no longer use fax.  I generally
>> email a PDF these days.
>
> I know of many businesses here that do not have email, but they do have a
> fax. And it costs me nothing, anyway.
>
> And fax is a legal document, whereas an email is not.

I though that in England and Wales a faxed document has the same legal
status as a photocopied document (i.e none), as it is not the original
signed document.

However, curiosity brought me to this article...

http://www.qsweek.com/nav?page=qsweek.contentspage&fixture_page=5330229&resource=5330229&view_resource=5330229

Which basically says that under English Law that if it is received but
not processed it is the person who received the document that is at
fault.. Even more intriguing is the position with e-Mail discussed ...

Different legislations, different rules.

>  [  *** OT rant *** ]
>
> Example:

<rant understood>

- --