ATM my /home mounts a volume group which holds partitions located on two
different physical drives, one IDE and one SATA. If I wanted to swap the IDE
drive for a new SATA drive, what would happen to the data held in /home?

For example, if I remove the IDE volume from the group, will all the data be
consolidated onto the remaining SATA volume, during the process of removing
that volume?
--
Bob

openSUSE 10.2 x86_64, Kernel 2.6.18.8-0.5, KDE 3.5.6 r31.4
Intel Celeron 2.53GB, 2GB DDR RAM, nVidia GeForce 7600GS