> russbucket wrote:
> > I have SUSE10.2, OpenOffice 2.3.0.1.2, Mysql 5.0.26.12. Today I decided to
> > try
> > mail merge from the mysql database. I followed the steps from using mail
> > merge in the documentation. Everything works fine except when I go to print
> > and select NO when it asks if I want to print a form letter, it does  not
> > give me the database screen to select who I want on the envelopes. If I say
> > print I get an envelope with the form fields in the addressee area. If I
> > select yes it shows the database and I can select unique people to address
> > the envelopes for but it also inserts a blank document page.
> >
> > How do I just print envelopes using my database to select who I print them
> > for??
> >
> > I must be missing something. When I put my cursor over the field (ie First
> > Name) it shows the link to the database correctly.
> >
> > Any hints would be appreciated.
>

> I you just want print envelopes and the envelope is the first thing in
> the document, just select page 1 for printing when you get to the print
> dialog.

I use envelope printing a lot. What I did is to create a couple of
templates for the two size envelopes I use. I made a logo with draw with
my return address, I adjusted the page size and wrote the field to be
fill with mail merge, create also a couple of frames to add pictures or
attn: and setup the printing features for my printer like format size,
feeding tray, no duplex, paper: envelope etc. Then save it as template.

Now I want to print an envelope and just look at templates click and
done.

If you want to go in that direction I can help you and even send you one
of my templates. I do not know if I can attach a template to a message
here if not I can e-mail.

-=terry=-