Darragh Ó Héiligh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have Squirrelmail now set up with Dovecot in Open SuSE 10.2.
>
> Squirremail however is sending the username in a very strange format.
>
> Say I submit darragh with password abcdefg.
> Squirrelmail seems to pass [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead of just darragh.
>
> It is taking the domain from the URL.  Example, if externally, the
> address is something like http://dyndns.org/squirrelmail/ it will take
> dyndns.ocm as the domain and format my address as [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> If working from the localhost and I access squirrelmail from
> localhost/squirrelmail/ squirrelmail sees the domain as localhost so
> formats the username as [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Of course, when squirrelmail formats the username like this, I cant
> log in becauee the imap server is expecting the username darragh on
> it's own.
>
> Any ideas?  How do I get Squirrelmail to only send my username as
> darragh without the domain?
>
> Any help would be very appreciated because at this stage, I'm about to
> go absolutely crazy.

He he, sounds as if you have some autodetect-gone-wild feature enabled.
When you configured Squirrelmail (you did configure it, right?), what
value did you configure in the following option:
(adjust the path to your installation)

execute /srv/www/htdocs/squirrelmail/config/conf.pl

SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php (1.4.0)
Main Menu --
1.  Organization Preferences
2.  Server Settings
3.  Folder Defaults
4.  General Options
5.  Themes
6.  Address Books
7.  Message of the Day (MOTD)
8.  Plugins
9.  Database
10. Languages

D.  Set pre-defined settings for specific IMAP servers

C   Turn color off
S   Save data
Q   Quit

Command >> 2

SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php (1.4.0)
Server Settings

General
-------
1.  Domain                 : japantest.homelinux.com
2.  Invert Time            : false
3.  Sendmail or SMTP       : Sendmail

A.  Update IMAP Settings   : localhost:143 (cyrus)
B.  Change Sendmail Config : /usr/sbin/sendmail

R   Return to Main Menu
C   Turn color off
S   Save data
Q   Quit

Command >> 1
The domain name is the suffix at the end of all email addresses.  If
for example, your email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED], then your domain
would be example.com.

[japantest.homelinux.com]:

--
Sandy