On Sunday 30 September 2007 16:58, Ron Eggler wrote:
> On Sunday 30 September 2007 03:55:16 am Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > > but I'm still not able to login to "http://192.168.0.2:631";
> > > What went wrong here, what did I forget?
> > > Thanks lots for your help!
> >
> > This one:
> > # Only listen for connections from the local machine.
> > Listen localhost:631
> > Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
>
> Oh okay, I added following line below "Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock"
>
> Listen 192.168.0.*:631
>
> but it still wouldn't let me in by typing 192.168.0.2:631 and i do not have
> a firewall active so we can forget bout this... :o

How exactly are you trying to connect to the printer from the windows machine?
By typing "192.168.0.2:631"  in a browser?  I don't know if that would work.

In the add printer dialog in windows, you select network printer and at some
point you can select a specific url.  If the printer queue name on
192.168.0.2 is "printer_name" then the appropriate url would be

http://192.168.0.2:/631/printers/printer_name

If you've already done this then never mind... (I don't remember the beginning
of the thread...)

--
Don