Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Monday 01 October 2007, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>> The Monday 2007-10-01 at 11:26 +0300, Andras Mantia wrote:
>>> Now the question is: how can I correct my RC1 DVD iso? I could use
>>> rsync, but I cannot find anywhere the ISO, just by a torrent. :(
>> Torrent can correct your bad iso.
>
> And how should I do that if I have the iso, but it was downloaded via
> torrent on another computer (where the transaction was removed from the
> torrent client)?

Easy.

I do it using the ncurses torrent client. First I start it telling to download
the incumbent iso. I allow it to run for a minute or so, then I stop it. I
notice where it has started to put the ISO, then I copy over it the broken but
full ISO I got by any other method. Finally, I restart the ncurses client, which
will inmediately verify what it has, and start re-downloading whatever pieces
are bad.

Any _good_ bittorrent client should be able to do this, but I haven't been able
to convince ktorrent to comply. Azureus can, I've been told.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.
                (from 10.3-RC2)