Basil Chupin wrote:
...snip...

> Start Konqueror file manager and right-click on a *.doc file. What is
> shown in the menu which comes up re which app is to be used to open/read
> the *.doc file?

Konqueror gives the option of "Open in a New Window" which eventually
correctly invokes openoffice.org2.3.

In the "Open with" menu, "OpenOffice.org 2.3 Writer" is the first
choice, and "OpenOffice.org Writer" the second. The second calls
"oowriter" which is no longer on the system.

Because of this question, I also checked Firefox since FF and TB are
related. It has the same type of Action editor for downloads as TB has
for attachments, except there are a lot more types and no DOC type.

-ds

--
Dennis E. Slice
Department of Anthropology