On Wednesday 03 October 2007 18:43, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Wednesday 2007-10-03 at 14:48 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > I believe that he has.  He was not aware of the splitting of the
> > different parts of the OpenOffice_org package.  MOST of us were not.
> > When MAJOR changes, as this was, are made to packages, these changes
> > need to be broadcast in prominent locations, such as this list.  This
> > was not and is not regularly done.  The knowledge only becomes
> > available after many people have many problems with a package that
> > "used to just work".
>
> The list is not enough: many people think of asking somewhere, after they
> get "the problem". It would be better if the installer gave some warning,
> like a popup, same as the kernel does.
>

> --
> Cheers,
>         Carlos E. R.
I will probably be installing 10.3 very soon.  First, what do I have to do to
make OO work like it always did.  Second, what do I have to do to keep the
files that I downloaded onto 9.3 from KMail, short of recording them to a CD
or DVD, if that that not possible?

--doug
--
Blessed are the peacemakers ... for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M. Greeley