Greetings Ben.

Torsdag 04 oktober 2007 19:05 kvad Ben Kevan:
>  kmail --version
> Qt: 3.3.8
> KDE: 3.5.7 "release 72"
> KMail: 1.9.6 (enterprise 20070904.708012)
>
> I cannot see any of my messages within Kmail (transferred over from
> openSUSE 10.2 box).
>
> Is there a way I can get these back without losing the mail that is
> there?
>
> I do however still get the "Description" on some of my mails.. But
> to see the text I have to open the "Body Part"

It sounds like the old problem I've had a handful of times when moving
KMail mail to a newer version.

I always solved it like this:
- Shut down KMail.
- Delet all index files in the mail file hierarchy.
- Start Kmail.

Upon start Kmail then reindexes everything (have patience), and I can
see all messages again.

Remember to backup first, just in case.

Best regards :o)

Johnny :o)