On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 14:06 -0400, Kenneth Schneider wrote:
> I have installed 10.3 on my laptop and have copied my .evolution folder
> to the laptop but when I go to start evolution it has no knowledge of my
> connections. What else do I need to copy over?
>
> --
> Ken Schneider
> UNIX  since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE  since 1998

HowTo move Evolution data and setup from one computer to other one or to
save/restore

1. Force shutdown********************************

In the Old computer:

$ evolution --force-shutdown

In the New One:

$ evolution --force-shutdown

$ gconftool-2 --shutdown

2. Copy 2 folder from the old to the new********

Just create a new temp folder and move those directories in the new
computer (safety <g>)

Copy the folders from old to new, you must have all files from the
~/.evolution and ~/.gconf/apps/evolution directories.