Sat, 06 Oct 2007, by [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> On Saturday, 6. October 2007, John E. Perry wrote:
> > Sunny wrote:
> > >
> > > Stop the download in ktorrent. Remove the torrent from the list. Then
> > > open the torrent again. It will ask you where to save/download. Select
> > > the location where the iso is now. It will find it, scan it and start
> > > seed.
> >
> > Thanks, that solved my problem.  I also configured the file locations
> > before I loaded the torrent, so it now does what I actually need.  I think.
> >
> > It took an hour or more for it to recognize tracker.opensuse.org.  Now
> > ktorrent says there are 3644 leechers, and I have only one constantly
> > connected, who is not downloading any chunks.  Occasionally I get a
> > spurt of connections, 5 -- 10 at a time, who almost immediately
> > disconnect after downloading a few chunks.  In the past 4 hours I've
> > seeded 9.4M over my 10+Mbps connection.
> >
> > So I'm trying to contribute, but no one is accepting anything from me.
> > Am I understanding the display correctly? Why would my available service
> > not be used? Do I have some other problem?

Most likely a NAT of firewall setting. See if ktorrent can test
these for you, as Azureus can. I have 116(3950) peers connected at
the moment.
Normally my upload/download ratio is 1.3, but I'm "Superseeding"
now, so the seeding continues at full (1Mb) speed until I think it's
enough.

> Well, I am seeding both the 32 and the 64 bit version (with Azureus because
> ktorrent insisted on downloading everything new).
> I have *never* experienced bittorrent to give me a good speed. Perhaps it's
> because I don't have the right ports opened in my firewall, but I'm not ready
> to open any.

I would understand that on a Windows thingy, but on Linux *you* are
in control on what apps listen to which port..

> I've downloaded the isos with regular http/ftp and now seed them to help, but
> as you I have dozens of "fully established" machines from which only a few
> download anything. During the night, total upload was 1GB, while yesterday I
> downloaded over 8GB in 5 hours per http so....

There is probably a setting telling how many simultaneous upload
connects are allowed. I have that at 5.

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven    Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 13 26N , 4 29 47E.     +      ICQ: 277217131