On Fri Oct 05, 2007 02:49PM, Joe Zien wrote:
> I downloaded opensuse-10.3-GM-KDE-i386.iso from the Novell site
> "download.opensuse.org"
> and it installed ok on my ThinkPad T60 laptop.
> When I first tried to install, it could not find and install my wireless
> card so it could not install upgrades,
> so I had to install without upgrades.
> Mepis 6.5 and pclinuxos 2007 recognized the wireless and I was on the
> internet immediately so my wireless is ok.
> How do I get suse 10.3 to recognize my wireless?
> I trie to use yast2 to try to get my wireless working, no success.
>
> jozien

I have a T60 as well.  The wireless card is a:

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

I had to change the driver to "iwl3945" and reboot.  Once I did that
the card works (in that I can see and occasionally connect to Wireless
Access Points) but this is *very* spotty and the times I *am* able to
connect, the connection drops quite often.

This did not happen with prior to the 10.3 update and subsequent driver
change.  The WAP in question is in my home environment and other
machines (including other T60s running other OSs) are able to connect
without issue.

--
Cheers,
Trey

The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears
with composure one heavy mischance after another,
not because he does not feel them, but because
he is a man of high and heroic temper.
                 --Aristotle

Linux valkyrie 2.6.22.5-31-bigsmp i686 GNU/Linux
  6:47pm  up 1 day  3:31,  5 users,  load average: 0.37, 0.34, 0.33