[Please refrain from top posting, thanks]

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 13:58:41 -0700, Chuck Davis wrote:

>I have to strongly disagree.  That install makes it impossible to stay
>current for those of us who work on the cutting edge of Java and
>Netbeans.

And? Sun Java just happens to not be the only Java implementation.
There is at least IBM's and BEA's version. If you want to work on the
cutting edge, you'll have to do all on your own, so simply remove
SUSE's Java package, ignore FHS and only install Sun's tarballs.

>I want it now.
> Additionally, I live on the daily development builds of Netbeans so I
>wouldn't even be able to THINK about using a SUSE repository for
>updates of my IDE.

Those that work on the cutting edge risk bleeding now and then.

Philipp