[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all,

I wanted to install a VMWare Workstation 5.5.1 on OpenSUSE 10.3.
It worked well under OpenSUSE 10.2.
The installation goes well, but when VMWare is started the following
error comes up:
vmware: xcb_xlib.c:52: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed.

Any ideas?

I have no idea about vmware, but I have seen this error mentioned earlier today on this list, in the thread about JAVA problems:

On Sunday 07 October 2007 12:36, Cristian Rodriguez wrote:

> > JAVA has nothing to do with GNOME, what are you talking about ?
> >
> > hint: export LIBXCB_ALLOW_SLOPPY_LOCK=1 will do the trick in case you
> > get "xcb_xlib.c:50: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed or
> > similar.

May be worth a try.

Best regards
Sylvester