Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Oct 8 2007 16:44, Eberhard Roloff wrote:
>> My question:
>>
>> Why on earth is this not included in the default out of the box
>> installation?
>
> Because some people have CRTs, and Subpixel Rendering looks horrible there.

I agree that CRTs are around anywhere. But this does not answer my question.

If you are on a CRT, it is easy to disable subpixel hinting by a few
mouseclicks with KDE and, I asume, with Gnome, as well. Furthermore, as
things are now, you never need to disable it, since it is not enabled. ;-))

What I dislike is that I need to reconfigure a source rpm in order to
make is work, instead of getting it out of the box, ready for work,
ready to be enabled and ready to be disabled.

regards
Eberhard