Ok lets recap, you have adjusted your xorg and now your monitor works?
If so let's get 3d working. Add the nvidia repository to yast:

yast2 -> Software -> Community Repositories

and install the nvidia-gfxG01 driver for your kernel. Manually adjust
xorg.conf (nano -w /etc/X11/xorg.conf) again to change the video driver
from vesa to nvidia.And reboot (may be necessary to load the nvidia
module) or restart X.