David C. Rankin wrote:
> Sandy Drobic wrote:
>> I can only recommend to have a Knoppix dvd present and better yet a test
>> installation on a less important system before you jump on the band wagon
>> of 10.3. It seems as if some raid controllers are still not correctly
>> supported by newer Opensuse installers, even though they are working
>> beautifully in older versions.
>
>       Sandy, if this happened to you, what can the rest of us expect? Just
> don't let your postfix knowledge become corrupt with the "blood pressure
> elevation." Good rule of thumb (thou shall not Upgrade). Back up home
> and data, fresh install, then reload data -- "The only way to fly."

Uhm, that would give you a non-working Cyrus imap server for example.

I am also pretty sure that it would have happened with a fresh install as
well.

The point of my story was that it can happen to everyone of us and that
everyone should take steps to anticipate trouble and have a concept ready
how to repair a system and minimize downtime.

--
Sandy

List replies only please!