On 10/10/07, Jerome R. Westrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Where do I go from here?  The nxclient should be ok, it works on
> > > several other (albeit all CentOS) boxes.  As far as I can tell, sshd
> > > is configured the same between CentOS and OpenSuSE.  Maybe
> > > some environmental variable I need to set/change in OpenSuSE?
>
> NxServer works out of the Box for me...
> Maybe we can compare notes to see where the diference is...
>
> first: Did do the nxsetup --install .... thingy as described in the
> documentation?

Per http://en.opensuse.org/FreeNX_Server_HOWTO, I ran...

# nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean

Here's my versions...

# rpm -qa | grep NX
FreeNX-0.7.0-21
NX-2.1.0-35

My client is version 3.0.0-* running under Windows XP.  Again, it's
working for my CentOS machines (which I'm actually nx'd into right now
to type this message).  I have another OpenSuSE 10.3 that I put on a
laptop, maybe I will run through it on that machine to see if I can
duplicate the issue or if it's related to this specific installation.

Thanks,
Scott