Hi,

I have an ASUS G1S laptop with opensuse 10.3. When I try to put it to
sleep it seems to do something (disk light on for a couple of seconds)
but nothing happens. Also I haven't been able to set up the special FN
keys that disable/enable wireless etc. I read in some other linux forum
that there seem to be a special asus acpi thing for asus laptops in the
kernel configuration. Is this what I really need to do? If it is so,
will further updates remove my kernel configuration and force me to do
it again?

Thanks for any help