On 10/11/07, Erik Jakobsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OS:opensuse10.3GM
>
> I have had problems setting up compiz.

Follow this guide and you should be fine:

http://en.opensuse.org/Compiz_Fusion

> I would start over again, and uninstalled all compiz-fusion.
>
> As soon as the uninstall has taken place, windows decoration has
> dissappeared, and I could not move small windows around the monitor.
> And as no decoration, I even couldn't resize a window.
>
> I checked with a little xterm window.

Try running 'kwin --replace&' (kde) or metacity --replace&' (gnome)

You seem to have forgotten to run 'gnome-xgl-switch --disable-xgl'
before uninstalling compiz.

> What can have caused the decorationproblem and the not being able to
> move windows around ?

If you have compiz, and compiz fusion installed and not have
decoration, see this section:

http://en.opensuse.org/Compiz_Fusion#Plugins_and_Decorator_Configuration

Cheers

-J