Roland Carlsson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to create a link to trace a kernel panic so that I can
> report a bug with the HP DL 140 server and XEN in opensuse 10.3
>
> But I'm having trouble to set this up. Could anyone please provide me
> with a link to a good HOWTO? Google doesn't serve me well (probably
> becase I'm do bad queries). I'm running Linux in both ends.

Sounds like you need a null-modem cable for connecting the two boxes,
and then you need to run a serial console on the box that has the
problem.  You can do this with lilo kernel
arguments: "console=0,9600,n" - I can't remember the exact syntax, so
look it up.  On the other box you run e.g. minicom to capture the
output.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - your spam is our business.