Hello G T,

On Wednesday 10 October 2007, G T Smith wrote:
> All,
>
> Because the OpenSuse and cifs issue resurfaced in my old copy of 2.0.x
> decided to give 2.3 a whirl.... Big mistake....
>
> Installation managed to transpose home directory in front of my defined
> Document path... (thought oh what the hell and changed it to what it
> should be)... Then found that it was helpfully changing this in some of
> the template macros (thought oh what the hell and changed that to what
> it should be)... now find that a particular function is generating an
> exception in the template macro... (thought oh [EMAIL PROTECTED] )...

Do you know what macro caused this?

> Saving to the cifs mount was slow with 2.0.0 but worked with OpenOffice
> documents, need to save a copy in Word format and "the unable to create
> a backup copy" problem did a revisit. On 2.3.x seems to crash rather
> than just be slow...
>
> At the moment not exploring this much further as I do not really want to
> spend much time working with this right now, but others should be
> warned....

I have found one note about this at
http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Troubleshooting#OpenOffice_documents_do_not_open_when_browsing
They suggest to avoid the underscore "_" in the host name. I am not sure if it
is your case.

Anyway, could you please report it into bugzilla?

--
Best Regards,

Petr Mladek
software developer