On Friday 12 October 2007 09:31:03 am Randall R Schulz wrote:
> On Thursday 11 October 2007 21:52, Bob S wrote:
> > On Thursday 11 October 2007 10:01:24 pm Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > >
> > > Click the mouse on the column headers in the mailbox display.
> > > Subject, Date, Sender, even Size can be the sort criterion.
> >
> > Thanks Randall,
> >
> > No, not as you said, but I finally got it to sort by date by clicking
> > umpteen times in that row between Order of Arrival & Date.
>
> There are only four different orders for the Date column.

Yes, I guess. Date up and down, and Order of Arrival up and down. I had to do
keep repeating back and forth and up and down until Kmail finally sorted it
correctly.

> > Had to do that on every folder I have.
>
> Yes, it's a per-folder setting. Naturally, I set mine as I create new
> folders.
>
> I don't know what "drop-down" list you're talking about and I didn't
> mention anything but clicking the column headers to control the sort
> order of a folder.

If you right click on that row you get a drop-down list.

> > hope this is not another step backward to "help" us with the
> > complexities of configuration.  I am running Kmail 1.9.6 enterprise.
> > Maybe something has changed?
>
> I'm running 1.9.5. It's possible, though I don't think likely.

Yes, you are probably correct.

> > At least it is now in a somewhat usable form without new messages
> > scattered throughout the list of old messages.
>
> What exactly do you want that you don't have now?

Welllll... I thought there were other sorting actions, by subject, etc like
you mentioned in your first reply. And why when Kmail installed did it choose
to alphabetize the subject?? and that does not appear as an option. Maybe
because I copied all of my mail over from 10.2? Who knows......???

Anyway I am satisfied that I got it all organized now in a rational fashion.

Thanks again, Bob S