While I hate to bring this back to topic (I'm a bud man myself), I have
nothing against either top or bottom posting.   You can make reasonable
arguments for either style, therefore it is a matter of choice.  One
caveat, though: if you bottom post or interthread your responses I would
think that you should go out of your way to delete material that you're
not commenting on.  I think you'd have a major  problem if you quoted
six paragraphs only to comment on the first one or two.  Also, I would
be much more worried if you cut the intro line (so-and-so wrote)
improperly with the quote.