On 10/15/07, Francisco José Cadaval Arrola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > 10.3 upgrade (reinstall) on thinkpad T60.10.2 was running ATI drivers
> > > just fine, also had compiz running great.
> > >
> > > No matter what I do, I cannot get away from the VESA framebuffer drivers
> > > with 10.3.

I've got this card:

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RS690 [Radeon
X1200 Series]

init 3

sh /path/to/ati-driver-installer-8.40.4-x86.x86_64.run

After installing the drivers , just run:

aticonfig --initial --input=/etc/X11/xorg.conf --force

And init 5

SaX2 tells that my card is VESA Framebuffer, so do not run sax2, I
have not got around to filing a bug. If you do not beat me to it, and
post a bug number here, I'll be doing it later today.

Ciao

-J