Poweroff? http://users.pandora.be/jbosman/applications.html It allows you
to telnet in and run commands:

You can remotely control poweroff by starting it as a service and setting
the �Allow remote control� option. You can control it by
using poweroff itself and selecting a remote computer, or you can control
it by using telnet to the port where poweroff listens on (default 3210).
For example telnet computer 3210. You�ll see a welcome message like
this:

201 Welcome to Poweroff 3.0 created by Jorgen Bosman