On 10/20/07, Robert Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You should be able to get this to work so don't give up for awhile.
> When you say "allowed me to record" what does that actually mean?
> There is a button you can press in Krecord that lets you see the VU
> meter moving with your voice?  Did you see that?    Krecord will gladly
> record nothing if it gets nothing so we need to know if the meter moved.
> I supect it didn't.

I'm nearly certain it got nothing and therefore recorded nothing ...

> Has this microphone ever worked with this hardware?

It is a new unit, all appears to be functioning but it has only ever
had SLED 10 and now SLED 10 SP1

> If so with what OS's ?
> Is it plugged into the pink Microphone in jack?

This is the mic builtin to the laptop.

> At one time I had a sound card that just wasn't working.
> I went out and purchased a USB headset and that worked
> perfectly for me.

I suppose I could try that ... but I'm a little that there appears to
be no recourse, nothing I can do, tweak, configure, upgrade ... to get
this to work?

Peter