On Saturday 20 October 2007, davidr said:
> > > http://bugs.kde.org/
> >
> > Does that make you an irresponsible developer?
> >
> > I would EXPECT developers and project managers to keep on eye on user
> > lists. How else would they know what the issues are?
>
> - by checking bugs.kde.org perhaps!
>
> I would consider it irresponsible of a developer to waste their valuable
> time looking through 100's of general mailing lists on the off chance
> someone mentions a bug.

We read bugzilla.novell.com very closely, bugs.kde.org somewhat less so (there
is a lot of noise, other distro's bug reports etc that make it less useful)
and skim the opensuse lists for relevant topics that might indicate a problem
we should look at - some genuine problems show up on list as a lot of
hand-waving and uncertainty.  A clear problem and workaround like Fred
reported is best reported in bugzilla.novell.com as well as here on the lists
for others' edification, though.

Will

--
Desktop Engineer